hmm its been quite some isn't it?? Months I am sure.. So guys, its a long story alert. Ill try to keep it interesting.I was all over the place packing up as I was shifting back to my roots, (ahem ahem) Hyderabad (refer to my previous blog to get a clarity on my ethnicity) I finally got hired at India Vision Institute for the position of a Project Manager. I was filled with mixed feelings surprisingly. It hit as an epiphany that I actually had fallen completely and irrevocably in love with Bangalore. The city, the roads(I truly miss the civic sense of driving), parents, uncles,aunts and the fun of staying with three brothers. But then I had a journey ahead that I was destined which I am hoping would unfold and nurture my passion. Waving my byes to the family I marched towards "our" very own Kachiguda express, which I have boarded for years now that we might as well own some of their stakes. 4 am... I reached Hyderabad all covered in a jacket. I got down drenched in my own sweat!! Ouch Hyderabad was hotter than I expected !! At least at 4 am in October. I knew I had to endure another extended summer. The 1st set of words I uttered were " Oh My God, its fucking hot!" That was my 1 and a half year old Bangalorean side kicking in. Checking into Hotel Mahavir stirred up a lot of childhood memories. My very first Hyderabad trip, we stayed at the same hotel. We were all over the place, running around in the corridors, playing the "lift game" and getting stuck in the elevator,yelling out to the people at the top of my voice, scaring mom and dad,meeting with an accident on the roads of Charminar and lot more. It was like returning to the scene of crime after 17 years. After a brief breakfast I reached my work place.. And there it was, beyond all my imaginations. A red bricked, elite bunglow. It was a "House" that was remodeled into an office setting. I walk in and there are hardly people. It felt different as it was going to be a very unique experience and totally unlike what I actually had in mind. I spent two days doing absolutely nothing.. trust me it felt like 4 days of simply sitting in a place. I started doubting my decisions on taking up this job.I had this instinct to run away from the place because of the boredom. The consolations were indoor work and youngsters which were the only things I missed in my former job. But, then my inkling and my gut asked me to hold on and take a deep breath. Then came the proposal of travelling to Chennai to meet the BOSS and get tuned. That kind of cheered me up. I have a bunch of cousins and grandparents who live in Chennai. It always was fun to visit Chennai even if it was for a day. The city is always welcoming. Dragging my suitcase I boarded another familiar train "The chennai express." This welcomed a lot of mocking at office. All of them spoke only about Deepika Padukone and SRK and my mind voice was just asking me to calm down. I generally pick a book during travel and this time I was torn between few good books. Out of the blue, I some how wanted to read "the half girlfriend." But the back cover blurb was not very enthralling and sounded like a 2nd grade Bollywood movie. I was somehow allured to Devdutt Pattanaik's works after reading "Sita" and wanted to explore his other books. On not finding any of his books I then asked for crime novels which were my forte and suddenly my hands ran into this book called "Am I a Hindu?" It did sound interesting and so did its back cover blurb. This book was the only thing that kept me awake through out the most boring journey I was about to encounter. It was a well maintained 2 AC bogie and was as neat as a pin. That totally blew me away and I got myself very comfortable tucked under the blanket with this amazing book in hand. It kept me quite occupied for about half hour when this loud mouthed - big ass white dress guy (politician) sat next to me. He was t(y)elling his colleagues about his sudden change of plans over the phone which made me wonder why he had a phone in the first place. He was so damn loud. After a couple of phone calls and a bit of showing off he was pulled out of my bogie and was asked to go back to his original seat in another compartment by the very able TTE. We co passengers breathed a sigh of relief. On reaching Chennai, I was duped into paying 500 bucks to reach my office. Cursing my self and my dwindling abilities and enthusiasm to bargain I got down and faced a beautiful multi -storied building facing the serene and a clean Tiruvanmayur beach.It felt so royal. It was an office cum guest house on the top. It sounds poetic, I get it.. but with a great beach scenery comes great humidity (ok, grammar nazis, the sentence is reframed for puns)I had hot and humid air blowing across my face and hair constantly. I had to shower multiple times through out the day to stay alive.(I am not being hyperbolic here)Changing 3 different climates in a week completely drained up all my energies. After meeting the BOSS and getting acclimatized with my work I got a hang of what my role was. I was glad that I had something to do once I came back to Hyderabad. Meanwhile I made plans to watch the "conjuring" sequel ANNABELLE with Chan (my cousin). It was a perfect co incidence as we had watched Conjuring together. It was like MEANT TO BE!! Atleast that's what we called it :P All through the movie, there was one thought constantly bothering me, "Who the hell buys such an ugly and a ghastly looking doll and make a set out of it??" On the other hand, its fun watching horror movies in halls, more an irony I must say as all of us ended up laughing our hearts out for every scary scene. After the movie we planned to crash at Chan's house. Who would actually sleep when the 3 most garrulous cousins get together..We spent the whole night chatting away to glory.Starting off with movies then moving on politics and finally the love life.. I was given dating tips for about an hour... I was strictly asked to pretend to like girly conversations and take interest in gooy stuff!! Man that sounds like a lot of work!! I finally realized why I repelled guys.. Well, like Ted says, nothing good comes after 2 am. We finally hit the sack at 4:30 am. This was the one and only interesting incident in my whole Chennai trip.Life has taken so many turns and I realized that I have lost my mojo.This was the major learning from the entire trip. I finally decided that I should get back to my long last hobbies and keep myself busy and bring some spark into my life.. Well, those plans are kick starting from tomorrow..With this I officially end this relatively boring, lengthy and not very happening post here assuring that my next post which is definitely in the offing would be interesting as LIFE IN LIMBO has ended and I have begun a new life with new hopes and courage to face new challenges to bring back spark in my life..
WISH ME LUCK.......... :)
WISH ME LUCK.......... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment