Wednesday, 11 March 2015

A recent attempt to capture the sun rise At Besant nagar Beach - A photo blog

I finally got a much needed break on this weekend. I decided to do something productive and not sleep through the day. So, I finally picked up my camera which has been laying in my cupboard untouched ever since I reached Chennai. I asked a cousin who shares my enthusiasm in photography and we decided to go for a photo shoot of the sunrise at the nearby beach. We had been planning for this liaison for quite some time. So, at 5 in the morning we rode all the way to Besant Nagar beach on our bikes, hearts filled with excitement. It was still dark when we reached. With in minutes the first ray of the Sun fell on us and then gradually the light started scattering all through the sky in an Orangish hue. But, the ball of fire was not where to be seen. Meanwhile we tried a few portraits of the people who frequented the place for their walks and jogs. We also witnessed a band in the making practice their songs and playing their guitars.
Here are a few snaps:




We decided to turn back as we did not get to witness what we came for, the sun rise. As we were about to leave the Sun which was playing hide and seek decided not to trouble us any more and finally started to reveal itself from behind the cloud. This is how it looked. Hold your breath. I never knew the colour orange could be so beautiful.

With in a span of two minutes we got to capture more than what we anticipated. The sun rise, the light hitting off the sea waters as reflection with an Orange hue is a treat for every photographer (amateur, in my case). Here are a few clicks which I thought was worth sharing:



We also had a chance to capture a few boats carrying fishermen ready to set sail to fetch their catch.
This surely is one of the cleanest beach I have been to. Also, early morning hours gave us the advantage to get a suitable place to stand and capture. Here are a few general pictures:



I was satisfied with the shots , though not completely, and rode back home to process the pictures and write this photo blog. . Why not completely you ask? Because, there is always a scope for improvement.




No comments:

Post a Comment